One of my Big Dream Gadget in 2007 (MacBook Pro) is perfect tools for my daily runtime, I really enjoy use it in my home or my office. And I want say big thanks to Apple Inc. Team, they make a great product and with Mac OS X Leopard, MacBook Pro is perfect match ;) Apple Give nice suggestion, to keep healthy our MacBook Pro batteries. MacBook Pro user need to calibrating this batteries every month or two month.
To calibrate the battery:
- Plug in the MagSafe power adapter and fully charge the MacBook or MacBook Pro battery until the light on the MagSafe connector changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
- Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer. You may use your computer during this time as long as the power adapter is plugged in.
- Disconnect the power adapter with the computer on and start using it with battery power. When the battery’s charge gets low, you’ll see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.
- Continue to keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep. Save your work and close all applications when the battery’s charge gets low and before the computer goes to sleep.
- Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.
- Reconnect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged. You may use your computer during this time.
That’s easy right? So don’t forget to do it each one month or two and You Lovely Machine will be ready to fight ;)