If you tried Ubuntu, usually we need to prepare a special partition. Making a partition means to allocate some disk space for Linux and spend plenty of time to change the partition. There’s an easier way to use Ubuntu. You can do the installation system directly through Windows. Version of Ubuntu can like this is “Wubi“.
Wubi allows for installing Ubuntu as a dual boot by installing a file in Windows, and then modify the Windows boot loader to add an entry for Ubuntu.
What’s interesting with this technique is the risk to the contents of the hard disk does not exist. Because you can easily remove Ubuntu from dual boot in accordance with your wishes if you no longer use Ubuntu. To try Wubi application, follow the following steps:
- Log in Windows as a Administrator
- Insert the Ubuntu Desktop CD
- When autorun, select the option “Install inside Windows”
- Make sure the installation location, the following username and password, then click “install”
- Wait until the process is complete. This process can last for 15 to 30 minutes
- After the installation process, Windows automatically remove the Ubuntu CD, and you will be prompted to restart again
- When finished restart, boot up time option, if you want to go into Windows or Ubuntu. You can choose to use Ubuntu Linux-based operating system