An unbiased review on a handy free DVD ripping tool called MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition and a guide to use this DVD ripper freeware to convert or rip DVD movies to various video and audio formats.
To get a nice and stable DVD ripping tool means you have a good assistant to rip your DVD movies to various video and audio formats so that you no longer need to take the physical heavy discs with you when you go travelling, and of course you when you have a chance to play the digital movie on the Mac, you no longer need to play the scratched DVDs.
DVD ripper software is nothing difficult to find. Yet to find a high quality and free DVD ripping program is not is not a piece of cake. MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition is among the best free DVD ripping tools for Mac users considering the ease of use, speed, quality, and support for protected DVD and other highlight features.
- Ease of Use; Upon launching this software, the friendly user interface impressed me. It provided a simplistic UI with several buttons for users to simply click and can find & use anything you want in seconds.
- Rip/convert your DVDs to popular video and audio; This Mac free DVD ripper is capable of ripping or converting DVD to various video and audio formats, including ripping DVD to MP4, MOV, FLV, MPEG, MP3 and iTunes. Though AVI is not supported by this program, it could be used to backup DVD movies for the applications you frequently use, like QuickTime player, iTunes and iMovie.
- Fast speed; MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition works x2 faster than regular DVD ripper, which greatly saves your time to convert or rip the DVD if your Mac is configured with multi-core CPU.
- High quality; In my test, this program output high quality, (if not perfect quality) video which is better than most free DVD Ripping software.
- Support for protected DVD; This free ripper is able to bypass DVD encryption technologies, including region locks, DVD CSS, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney new copy protections etc.
Other unexpected features that impressed me include Preview, Trim and Crop. A preview window is provided on the left to play the original DVD or the selected title, so you could control the drag slider to decide which part to rip. Additionally, this free program also allows you to clip video segment you favor and get rid of unwanted parts for your Mac and portable devices.
MacX DVD Ripper Mac Free Edition works on: Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard; You can download it free from the following link: