As with any other operating system platforms, Mac OS X also displays the network icon in the menu bar. In this way, the user can see the status of an active network, modify network connection settings, and open the windows network configuration to set the advanced options on the network. Although the wifi network icon displays the signal strength bars in the form of actual mac os X does not have a network indicator can examine various kinds of attributes important to wifi, including IP address, MAC address, noice, and ping. Unfortunately most of the utility of a third party requires you to open the main interface to display information related to the wifi network.
So check ping, you have to open the utility through applications> utility or use the ping command in the terminal. If you do not want to elaborate as above, use the network strength. Applications mac OS X will display network signal strength pubic IP, local IP, mac address, noise, and ping through the menu bar. This app is very useful for network administrators who do not want to use a terminal command to double check your master wifi network information. Strong Network can be used on Mac OS X 10.6.6 or higher. Let us see how to use the menu bar to display the wifi network information.
- Previously, first download the app from the app store strong network, exactly at: http://iTunes.apple.com/US/app/network-strength/id501816915?mt=12, then run the installation process.
- On the menu bar you will find a drop-down menu to select one wifi network that will appear in the menu bar. For example, if you want to check wifi signal when connected to a wifi network, click strength.
- You can also choose what information is displayed on the drop-down menu. The trick, click preferences in the menu bar to bring up the pop-up network strength preferences.
- On the strength network preferences window, you can determine the range of options that dj show the dropdown menu. Tick the launch options on logging and show preferences on launch. Then the app will always run at login and preferences jug will be displayed on the menu bar.
- On the privacy options on network strength preferences window you can activate a variety of information about the options that will appear on the menu bar. The trick, check the network show name, show strength, and show noise. Until the show mac address.
- Click on the quit network strength, the drop down menu in the menu bar out of the app network fatherly strength.