Snapdragon processor made by Qualcomm is the type most widely used branded smartphones such as Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia. The ability of the processor is claimed to be much better than other processors and to date, the official website claims that Qualcomm Snapdragon single core processor 1.4 owned by nokia lumia 900 has a performance that is not less when compared with dualcore processor on other devices.
Until now Qualcomm has launched a four-generation snapdragon, snapdragon S1, S2 , snapdragon S3 and snapdragon S4. S4 Snapdragon processor which is the latest 28nm and 45nm sized with capacity 1.6 Ghz-2, 5GHz.
The advantages of the snapdragon S4 are:
- Screen resolution 1920 X 1080 (1080p).
- Support for up to three cameras, with support for up to 20 MP, image stability, zero shutter lag, and HDR.
- Configuring dual and quad core processors for multitasking.
- Blazing fast 3D graphics and immersive visuals for gaming.
- 4G LTE multimode modem ensure internet browsing and downloading applications quickly.
- 1080p high definition video playback with HDMI support and integrated multilayer.
- Audio Dolby 7.1 surround sound sophisticated.
- Conversion complete with wifi wireless, Bluetooth, FM radio, and internal precision GNSS, consisting of GPS and GLONASS receiver location.
- Content or data wirelessly using your wifi network with wifi and wifi direct display (mobile hotspot).
MEDIATEK the trend of smartphone processors
Mediatek or better known by the name of MTK is a semiconductor company and sells components for wireless communication devices company stands at 28 May 1997 and headquartered in Hsinchu Science Park, Taiwan. The largest sales and research office in China, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, India, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, UK, U.S. and Sweden. In Taiwan, mediate is the biggest chip maker and also include the largest semiconductor companies in the field of wireless communications and multimedia. Mediatek is the market leader in the field of system on chip (soc), high definition of digital TV, optical storage devices, DVD, GPS, and BLU Ray.
While the field of mobile phone chipsets, data from strategic analystic mention that mediate ranks third in the world as a giant chipset for mobile platform after Qualcomm, and Samsung. Mediate position as the chipset manufacturer has even considered becoming a threat to the well-established competitors chipset, not apart from cheap chipset release strategy and partnerships with many vendors conducted since 2009 which initially partnered with Motorola and Microsoft provide the chipset market for beginners. Mediatek chipset drove the latest, expensive and technologically sophisticated the early 2012 release MTK MT6575.
Excellence MTK MT 6575:
- 1.0 G – 1.2 G ARM cortex A9 dual core chip.
- Built-in GPU power SGX 531.
- Support 1080p / 30fps video recording and playing.
- Support up to 16 megapixel camera.
- 40 nm manufacturing technology.
- Support dual sim card CDMA and GSM networks.