name.com is currently my favorite Domain Registrar.
Why become my favorite? It’s cheap, easy to maintenance and very fast purchased. name.com also built in with many great features. I will not explain more about it. But I want to share my tiny tutorial Create My Own Name Servers on name.com
The Purpose create Own Name Servers is to make our domain more professional look ;) Example custom Domain Name Servers is like this. I have domain www.google.com and I want my Name Servers become ns1.google.com ns2.google.com and many more. To do this way is easy on name.com, let’s move onBefore we started our tutorial, please logging on your name.com and follow this guide
- Click on the ‘Account‘ icon at the top of your page.
- At your ‘Account’ page, click on the domain name you wish to modify.
- Be sure that your domain is unlocked; to unlock, click on the padlock icon.
- On the ‘Domain Management‘ screen, click ‘Name Server Registration‘ in the ‘Control Panel’ on the right side of your screen.
- Enter the prefix (e.g. ns1) in the ‘Host Name‘ field.
- Now enter the corresponding IP address.
- Click ‘Register’.
- Added another server if you have more than one Name Server. And done…
That’s it, so simple right? Now you need setup Name Server on your Server that already have an IP that has been listed on the name.com