Basically when you log in to your custom hosted WordPress powered website, you’ll see the official WordPress logo is set by default. This is fine when you’re just getting started, but if you have a site with multiple users it’s, nice to add in your own branding.
Of course this would be added value for your blog. Please follow the steps below;
- First, Browse to your wordpresss “/wp-content/themes/currenttheme” folder. The default theme is twentyeleven however if you’re using a custom theme, go there. Download and edit the functions.php file. Before you try, always make a backup copy of your functions.php.
- Your theme’s function.php file should start with a . The following code needs to be pasted into functions.php between those two tags. Be careful not to paste it into existing code as you might break something.
- Save and reupload the functions.php file to your WordPress/wp-content/theme folder.
- Now create your logo. The default WordPress login logo is 274w x 63h. You can make a larger or smaller logo, but I can’t guarantee it will display properly without additional tweaking of the code.
- Name your logo image file:
- Then upload it to your “wordpress/wp-content/themes/currenttheme/images” directory.
- Once uploaded, your WordPress login page will display your own custom logo. Good luck!