For you as the android users, would have been familiar with Dropbox application. Just for information Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, and client software.
And if you want to save files and apps on your droid, it’s a good idea to password protect them from unauthorized use. Here’s a quick guide to help you setup passcode lock on Dropbox for Android.
- Open the Dropbox application on your Android device, tap on the menu button and tap Settings. Under Dropbox account, check the option that says Passcode Lock.
- It will redirect you to the Passcode lock setup screen. Tap Turn Passcode On. Enter the numbers you want to use as your passcode and confirm.
- You can add a second layer of security by checking Erase Data From This Device After 10 Failed Passcode Attempts.
- Now, whenever you open Dropbox on your Android device, you’ll need to enter the passcode in order to access your files.
- If you want to turn off the passcode lock, go to settings again and tap Turn Passcode Off. But, I recommend that you leave it on in order to protect your files.