Yesterday I had a conversation with Jauhari about choosing domain name. The domain I pursued is already bought by other and will be expired in 2010 :( . Therefore I have to find other domain that is meet with my requirements.
SEOMoz has 12 rules to choose the right domain name for your brand new website, here is for the resume:
- Brainstorm 5 Top Keywords
- Make the Domain Unique
- Only Choose Dot-Com Available Domains
- Make it Easy to Type
- Make it Easy to Remember
- Keep the Name as Short as Possible
- Create and Fulfill Expectations
- Avoid Copyright Infringement
- Set Yourself Apart with a Brand
- Reject Hyphens and Numbers
- Don’t Follow the Latest Trends
- Use an Ajax Domain Selection Tool
In the other side Problogger writes about choosing brandable domain name or keyword rich domain name.
Because I do not have much money to pay advertising to promote my brand to get traffics, I decide to use keyword rich domain name to get visitors referred by search engine. The web is still under development. I will do a research after the domain and the website available on the net and share the result with you.
Meanwhile, would you please share your reason on choosing domain name? It will be a nice topic.