iOS has been supported contact group, so you can arrange your contact in many group as you want. Example I create Family Group, Co. Worker Group, Online Group and others. The Problems is Contact App by Apple Inc, didn’t supported to Manage this group. You need create and managed your Group Trough Mac OS X Address Book Application on you Mac.
So you need sync your Contact with your Mac OS X via iTunes and don’t forget to activated sync contact with your Address Book. After successfully sync now you can full manage your Contact Group and after you finish with it, you can sync again with your iOS Device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).
I know this step look pain and need extra step. If you want manage and deleted your Group Contact on your iOS Family directly you must download and install Contact Group Manager, there are a lot of Apps like it on AppStore. One of my favorite is Groups by GuidedWays. This Apps work very well on me and has been supported iOS 4.1 and Retina Display. Using Groups you can manage and SMS to many contact in single SMS using Groups Menu. There are Call menu that you can call you contact easily with predicted contact. I really like it.
Details Groups Features
- View and manage contact groups from a single, easy to navigate view.
- Send Mass / Group SMS and Email to any contact group. Mail Groups with individually set To, Cc and Bcc selections. With a few taps, easily send mass SMS or Email to your friends, family or colleagues.
- Create, rename, delete, sort, color, hide and navigate contact groups* – all in a single view. Create contact groups are then accessible from the built-in Contacts / Phone app.
- Drag & Drop single or multiple contacts into or out of groups.
- Send Mass / Group Mail to only a subset of a selected Group. Simply perform a search and filter on contacts you wish to email. Group emailing was never this easy.
- vCard attachments (as inline text and an attached file supported by all mobiles): share contact information with others easily and effectively. Supports sending all fields including photos.
- Merge multiple contacts into a single contact in Mass Select Mode (tap-hold two fingers on contact list). Extremely easy to merge duplicate contacts.
- Delete multiple contacts from the address book in a single go (from Mass Select Mode).
- Dial, SMS, Email and visit URL/Map Locations of individual contacts by tapping on their name for quick dialing (i.e. use it as a mini-dialer)
- Search through your entire contact list from a single view. You can save searches too!
- Use the built-in smart T9 Dial Pad to make quick calls and quickly filter on matched names and numbers while you dial.
- Smart Groups: Use built-in ready to use ‘Smart Groups’ or create your own to easily categorize and manage your contacts. Groups offers the most powerful and easy to use filter-creation view ever. Note: Smart Groups are filtered views of your contacts and you cannot obviously drag and drop a contact to these groups.
- Save performed searches as Smart Groups with a single tap
- Keep your contacts and groups in sync with the built in Address Book, your Laptop or Mobile Me (Please see note below for Windows).
- Map Out group contacts. For a selected group this will map out each contact on a map for visualizing your contacts
- Supports portrait and landscape mode
- Groups is the ultimate Group Emailing / Texting / SMS application and is the only contact grouper tool you’ll ever need. It’s rich with features and offers. unmatched usability.
- Retina Display ready and Multi-tasking
You can Download Groups: SMS, Mail and Manage Contacts on this page