PocketMoney is my currently app to manage my finance. This app have nicely UI and many feature inside. Before using PocketMoney, I’ve tested Expenditure (too simple) and Money 5 / iBearMoney (too complicated and buggy). Like on MoneyWell, PocketMoney have Desktop Apps too. The Desktop Application much cheaper (19$) than MoneyWell ($49.99).
Main problem that I got from Catamount Software Forum is Sync between iPhone Apps and Desktop Apps. I have the problem too, until this morning I made same tested and it’s work. Here is what I did to fix my PocketMoney sync problem.
- Launch your PocketMoney Desktop (in my case using Mac version)
- Then you need to start sync server (File > Start Sync Server or Click icon on the Right Side)
- Go to PocketMoney Preferences to check the server Synchronization and check the server IP Address and the Port. (mostly the problem started here) The IP Address listed on the preferences not same with current my MacBook Pro address. So I forget the IP, I am only need remember the Port (9191)
- Then I go to my MacBook Pro Network Preferences and check my Real IP Address.
- After I got my Real IP Address, I launch my PocketMoney iPhone Apps and go to PocketMoney Sync and fill the Server Address and Port and started Sync.
- That’is it, PocketMoney sync will began and you can wait until it done
Maybe you have same problem and this tutorial worked or not please let’s me know. We hope simple ways to To Fix PocketMoney iPhone App Sync useful.